Social Work Student Organization
- Students collect blankets, coats and other items for the homeless and needy during the annual Warm Drive.
- Working in collaboration with the Wyandanch Public Library to provide after-school activities for community children, such as making greeting cards for GI’s serving abroad. Hauppauge students are currently assessing what type of activities would best serve the Wyandanch population.
- Collaboration in Hurricane Sandy relief food drive through Long Island Cares.
- Food collections for Thanksgiving dinners, which were distributed to local veterans.
- School supplies collection for children whose families cannot provide them need them.
- Toiletries collection for women in homeless shelters.
- Participation in Midnight Run for the homeless in Manhattan, including collection and distribution of non-perishable and perishable items.
- Visits to veterans residing in nursing homes.
For more information, please contact:
Hauppauge Education and Conference Center
55 Kennedy Drive
Hauppauge, NY 11788
p – 631.300.4350